Super Summer Theatre is excited that ANNIE will be coming to SST in August! Three benefit performances will be held on August 23, 24, and 25, 2019, to support Super Summer Theatre. Tickets are on sale now.
A limited number of roles will be auctioned off at the annual Casting Auction during the 2019 season-opening Gala Under the Stars on Sunday, May 5th. Win your chance to be featured in this iconic and timeliness musical on the Super Summer stage.
The benefit performances as well as the Gala Under the Stars and Casting Auction will be held at the Boman Outdoor Pavilion at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park.
Bidding for the Auctioned Roles will open online on April 24th and will conclude at the Gala Under the Stars on May 5th. We encourage you to raise money by getting your family, friends, and network of peers to offer a donation in support of your bid. Start a Go
Fund Me page, whatever it takes to have the strongest bid.
All ethnicities are encouraged to bid for ALL available roles. There are no child roles in the ensemble.
Available Roles in the 2019 Casting Auction include:
6 Orphan Girls plus Annie Understudy (Child Females)
- Must appear ages 7 through 13; strong Mezzo-soprano voices required; skillful movement required, dance experience is preferred, tumbling and gymnastics is a plus. These young actors will be assigned individual orphan roles during the early rehearsal process after working with the production team.
- The orphans are gritty girls that are neglected, tough, yet vulnerable…honest and very lovable. The orphan roles include Molly (the littlest), Kate, Tessie, Pepper, July, and Duffy. They have loud “mischievous” fun together, as well as “sibling style” fights.
- Seeking young girls with BIG personalities that come through on stage. Each actress should be able to shape her own specific character, be a very strong singer, and be visually expressive.
- These actors MUST be available for ALL scheduled orphan rehearsals between late-May through August with very minimal schedule conflicts. If scheduled to rehearse, actors must be available until 10pm on week nights and 11pm during Tech week if necessary (Aug 18-22nd, 2019).
- The Annie Understudy will not be guaranteed to perform the title role unless needed otherwise; however, this actor will indeed perform as an orphan on performance nights.
Rooster Hannigan (Adult Male) & Lily St. Regis (Adult Female)
- Both actors MUST appear 20’s-40’s; Tenor voice (male) and Soprano voice (female); skillful movement required for both.
- Rooster Hannigan and Lily St. Regis are the comic team who claim to be Annie’s parents but are revealed to be Miss Hannigan’s swindling brother and his sleazy girlfriend in disguise. These characters play off each other constantly. Rooster has a “smooth gambler” persona. Lily is naturally funny, has a good sense of comedic timing, and appears ditzy with little brains at times.
- Strong singers required with dance experience preferred.
President Franklin D. Roosevelt (Mature Adult Male)
- MUST appear 40’s-60’s; Baritone voice. Singer and movement preferred since this actor will double as Ensemble in Act 1.
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt is enlisted by Oliver Warbucks to help locate Annie’s parents. Actor will be pushed onstage in a wheelchair and delivers a momentous line about “A New Deal!”
Ensemble (4 Adult Men & 4 Adult Females)
- Ensemble characters consist of all other speaking and singing roles that support this story. Characters include the Hooverville residents and police, the mansion servants (Drake, Greer, Pugh, Annette and Cecille), the NYC pedestrians and the glamorous Star-To-Be, the radio personalities (Bert Healy and the Boylan Sisters); and the White House cabinet members (Ickes, Hull, Howe, Morganthau, Perkins). Members of the ensemble will be assigned character tracks during the early rehearsal process after working with the production team. The ensemble will be used throughout the entire show; these are very active and important roles.
- Strong singing is absolutely required; acting skills and versatility is very important; skillful movement is required; dance experience is a BIG plus. Flexible ages from young adult through mature adult. There are no child roles in the ensemble.
Important Rehearsal Information:
- Rehearsals will take place in late May through August and will consist of Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings from 7p-10p and Saturday mornings from 10a-2p at the SST Studios, located at 4340 South Valley View Blvd, Suite #208, Las Vegas, NV 89103.
- All actors must be available from 5:30p-11p during Tech week on August 18-22nd, 2019.
- Actors must keep schedule conflicts to a minimum during this rehearsal process. Actors unable to attend scheduled rehearsals consistently (without pre-approval from the Director) or meet the requirements of these roles described above may be released from the show at any time, regardless of their monetary donation to Super Summer Theatre in the Casting Auction.